Once you start thinking about buying a home, numerous friends and family will give you advice. But are they talking about the current real estate market? Or is it outdated real estate advice from the market years ago?
Some of the common pieces of outdated real estate advice are:
– Wait for Spring – This is outdated real estate advice because there may be more homes for sale in the spring, but there are also more buyers to compete with. And sellers expect to get top dollar in the spring market so you may not have a strong negotiating position.
– Wait for Home Prices to Come Down – This is outdated real estate advice because you might look back in 2-3 years and wish you had purchased when the prices were lower. Also, as purchase prices go up so do rental prices. Are you really better off to wait?
– Make a Lower Offer so you’ll have room to negotiate – This is outdated real estate advice because sellers are less inclined to engage in a back and forth negotiation – especially if they have other offers to choose from.
Read more here.
Whenever you are ready, here’s some ways that I can help with your real estate goals:
1) Free Access to search the Denver MLS for all homes currently on the market: Denver Home Finder Service Property Search
2) Join me for a home tour – Home tours are Monday thru Saturday at 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm – choose your tour here
3) Request a specific search that sends all the homes that meet your parameters as soon as they come on the market – that way you can beat others to the best homes. Send me an email with “specific search” in the subject line and your wish list – Price range, school district, style, minimum number of bedrooms, etc. – Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com
4) Receive a Home Loan Report –There are so many different loan programs. Do you need 20% down payment to purchase a home? Are there special programs for first time home buyers? What does CHFA mean? What’s the difference between a FHA loan and a Conventional loan? Send me an email – – Vickie@DreamsCanHappen.com with “Home Loan Report” in subject field and I’ll send it right over.
Also….check these out??