Staging your home for sale is one of the most important things that you can do in preparing your home for sale.
It will help your home sell faster and for more money for these 8 reasons:
1) Staging will increase the desirability of your home because it will depersonalize the style of your home so it will appeal to more buyers.
2) Staged homes look better in videos, internet and print marketing;
3) Stage homes look better in person than other homes on the market;
4) Stage homes are viewed by buyers as being well maintained;
5) Appraisers consider staged homes as being well maintained;
6) Buyers consider a staged home “move in ready”.
7) Staged homes stay on the market for a shorter time period which reduces the holding costs for the seller (mortgage payments, utilities, insurance, etc.).
8) Staging a home may make the difference between a home selling and a home not selling at all.
RESA states (see video below) that vacant single family homes which had been previously listed for sale for an average of 120 days, sold in just 26 days after they were staged. They further indicate that occupied single family homes which had been previously listed for sale for an average of 102 days, sold in just 45 days after they were staged.
The costs of staging varies depending on whether the stager can use your own furniture in your home, whether the home is vacant and needs furniture brought in, how much time it takes the stager, how much furniture needs to be rented, etc.
You can find professional stagers in your area at: http://www.realestatestagingassociation.com
If you need a private consultation on your particular real estate situation, call or text me (Vickie Hall) at 303-944-1153 or email me at [email protected]